Tea With BVP is Bill VanPatten’s weekly radio show. It’s archived here. Listen live Thursdays at 3 PM Eastern, or listen to free podcasts. This is a good non-technical intro to S.L.A. theory and best practices.
Here’s the episode guide:
- The State of language education today
- Whatever happened to comprehensible input?
- Textbook: friend or foe?
- Should we get rid of grades in language teaching?
- Does explicit language teaching do anything?
- Live from A.C.T.F.L. 2016 starring Steve Krashen!
- There is no such thing as error in language acquisition.
- What does output do for acquisition?
- Is it our job to motivate students?
- Are there “rules” to be learned in languages?
- With Alison Mackey: What is the relationship between S.L.A. research and classroom practice?
- Are vocabulary and grammar learned differently?
- What should teacher education be about?
- There’s no such thing anymore as “methods.”
- Are some languages harder to learn than others?
- What is the role of feedback in the language classroom?